This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Need This Tool - Please Update / Fix!

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Hey Guys -

So it seems that development has been abandoned on this app which is disappointing as it's so close to being exactly what I need. I realize that since it was abandoned, Microsoft has added the ability to Export and Save multiple pages - but - a huge drawback is that there's a limit of 200 which may be added. Much of the documentation I'm trying to save offline exceeds that so it doesn't work.

When trying PackageThis today, below was my experience:
Once downloaded and launched, I was able to select and browse both libraries. I selected SCCM 2012 R2's cmdlets and children which downloaded all pages' titles and contentIDs into an XML (snippet below.) When trying to export to chm, I was told that HTML Workshop was needed, yet when trying to install it I was told a newer version was already installed. When trying to export again, I didn't get the error and it seemed to save a file, but when browsing to the target path, the file I chose to save it as wasn't there. I had the same results when trying to save as Hxs.

Snippet of XML after saving a few select pages
<ItemInstance>
    <ContentId>jj850131</ContentId>
    <FullPath>Scripting with Windows PowerShell˜System Center Automation with Windows PowerShell˜System Center 2012 R2˜Configuration Manager˜Cmdlet Reference˜Clear-CMClientOperation</FullPath>
  </ItemInstance>
  <ItemInstance>
    <ContentId>jj870941</ContentId>
    <FullPath>Scripting with Windows PowerShell˜System Center Automation with Windows PowerShell˜System Center 2012 R2˜Configuration Manager˜Cmdlet Reference˜Clear-CMComponentStatusMessageCount</FullPath>
  </ItemInstance>
  <ItemInstance>
    <ContentId>jj821928</ContentId>
    <FullPath>Scripting with Windows PowerShell˜System Center Automation with Windows PowerShell˜System Center 2012 R2˜Configuration Manager˜Cmdlet Reference˜Clear-CMMigrationData</FullPath>
  </ItemInstance>
If possible to fix these issues, that would be great. Even better would be the ability to export as a properly linked PDF!

I did find a post in Discussions for a potential fix, but it seems to involve changing the source code and recompiling - steps which I am not experienced with.

If anyone reads this who has this experience, please advise on the software to use (Visual Studio?) and quick steps for how and I'll try it. If working, I'll post a re-compiled copy assuming no objections from the original author.

Thanks!